18" Caulk Knife
Rover Backer Rod Installer
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Could this machine be easily modified to install the backer rod at a depth of up to 2.5"?
[ALBION REPLY]: We are working on a modification to achieve this but it is not available yet.
- Lower your prices
Wayyyy to expensive, I could see the value in the product but maybe at $200 dollars, I guarantee those things would sell like crazy. But $1,500? You guys have got to be joking unless this cheaply designed tool is going to insert all the backer rod and caulk the joints all on its own it is completely ridiculously priced, great idea but inappropriate pricing.
[ALBION]: This is a durable, heavy-duty tool for professional use. It will insert tens of thousands of linear feet of backer rod quickly and at a consistent depth without needing maintenance. But the real value is in the labor savings. It turns a 2-man job that can insert maybe 5,000 feet/day into a 1-man operation that can produce four to ten times that much. One contractor commented to us that the Rover paid for itself in two days!
- Don't think it would work for me
LOOKS like it works great when the joints are ground smooth and beveled at the top. Also looks like the joints were sand blasted. The entire slab was so clean. We do not have the time to get our work this clean. What happens when the small wheels run over a small pebble lying on the surface?
[ALBION]: The saw cut joints in the video were cleaned of dust with a shop vac (required for caulking anyway) but they were not smoothed or beveled. The weight of the Rover body keeps the steel insertion wheels straight and true in the joint placing the rod at a consistent depth. You can just walk it in...
- NECESITAMOS 1051-1, 1062-G02, 1062-G03, 103-15, DL-59-T23P
SOMOS EMPRESA DE MEXICO Y NECESITAMOS PRODUCTOS QUE USTEDES VENDEN, LOS PUEDEN ENVIAR A LA FRONTERA DE LAREDO, TXS. PARA IMPORTACION A MEXICO?
[ALBION] Yes, we can ship to Laredo Texas! Call us at 856-235-6688 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I will be using the Rover for all flatwork sealant projects. Thank you Albion!
- I specialize in self leveling joint sealant (sl2) for large scale concrete parking lots. These projects are about 15k linear feet and require a v-cut and 1/4" backer rod set to a depth of 3/8". Using the Rover has been a total game changer. When you get a feel for the machine it is much faster and more consistent.