Building a Tool
There are 3 core components in a dispensing tool: The Drive, the Material Containment Unit (MCU), and Nozzle. By customizing these components to meet your specific application needs, you can create the optimal dispensing tool.
Creates initial force or thrust
Material Containment Unit:
Holds the bulk, sausage or cartridge material
Distributes material in desired size and shape
Mechanism that creates force lbf or thrust. Three types available:
- Manual Drive: hand operated, portable, and efficient. Drive ratios (Mechanical Advantage) from 5:1 to are available to match the viscosity or nozzle back pressure.
- Air-Powered Drive: requires an air compressor, regulator, and hose. Portable tanks work also. This set-up is best for industrial applications.
- Cordless Drive: portable, powerful, fast and effortless.
Contains the material to be dispensed. Manages the pressure created by the drive.
- Bulk Material: Sealants and adhesive supplied in pails
- Sausage Packs: Packaged in a Mylar bag which fits a sausage specific tool
- Cartridges: Portable and convenient. Single and 2K two-component
Determines size and shape of the dispensed material
- Lengths from 3" to 24"+
- Widths from 3/64th" to 4"
- Shape: round, triangular, slot, oval, ribbon, multi-bead
- Material: Steel, aluminum, plastic
- Standard and static (motionless) mixing nozzles
- Straight, bent and bendable